Sunday, November 23, 2008

Ottawa - What a Blast

This past weekend I had the great pleasure of going to Ottawa with 2 wonderful ladies to a John Lindo West Coast Swing workshop. John is one of the most wonderful people in West Coast Swing. He is very approachable and gives great workshops. I really have to give props to the great people of Ottawa who put on the event. It was really well run and they are all so friendly and accomodating.
But the best thing to happen on this trip was I got to know this incredibly wonderful lady who came with us to Ottawa. It was kind of a fluke she even went as I had only met her a week or so before. During the workshops we usually rotate partners to allow us to get to know other people as well as for those that do not have a partner, they get a chance to try the things being taught. My new friend and I decided not to rotate (she being new to all this felt a little uncomfortable moving between the group)and it was the best thing to happen for that weekend. It relly gave me a chance to get to know her better. We did a lot of dancing and talking that weekend and I found out I really liked her.

I know right now I have a competitive partner but I do not have a practice partner. I wonder if this new lady would be interested in partnering up with me for both practice and competition. For someone just starting out in WCS she is a fantastic dancer. We seem to have a lot in common including our ages and I think it would be a great fit. Now all I have to do is get up enough nerve up to ask her.

Have a wonderful day

Larry

No comments: