Thursday, September 18, 2008

If anyone wakes me from this fantastic dream - I am going to smack em!!! The Thursday

Ok, it is Thursday – mid September and I have been looking forward to this weekend for about 2 months now and it has finally arrived. Oops – sorry - Of course I am talking about Swing Niagara in Buffalo. Since I started West Coast swing dancing in February I have been completely hooked – you know – “You had me from the first step” *L*. The weekend was supposed to start on Friday but with a stroke of luck and blessings from the “Gods of the Swing” I am driving down with Julie E today (I know acting 6 years old in a candy store – what can I say – GUILTY!!!!*L*). I get a chance to pick her brain on all things West Coast Swing and just to spend some time with somebody I admire very much. And man did I find out what a fantastic adventurous life she has lived (if we all could be so lucky we may have a different outlook on the world out there).

The drive down was very relaxing - for me anyways. I do not think I stopped asking questions about Swing Events, the different pros, about Julie E. and whatever else I could think of. I am pretty sure there was a lot of eyes rolling and “Doesn’t this guy ever shut-up” going on when she turned her head away but bless her heart for putting up with me. A couple of neat things happened that evening, first, after all was settled and all meetings were taken care of, we went out to dinner at a place called Olivers. We drove by this place and it was not too impressive from the outside, but once you walked inside it was gorgeous and the staff was fantastic. We had a great meal and conversation and I would recommend this place to anyone (though it is a little on the pricey side). After dinner we went back to the hotel, off to our separate rooms for a quiet relaxing evening before the big event started tomorrow. Around 10:30, just getting settled, the Fire Alarm went off – Makes sense right – Buffalo = Fires = Fire Alarms = All Leave the Hotel = Meet Arjay Centano and Melissa Rutz. Are you following the progression here??? You mean this does not happen every time you go to Buffalo for a Swing Dance?? Standing outside, Julie spots Arjay and Melissa and knowing them, I get introduced – Now that is what I call right place, right time, right connections *L*. Well, we are let back into our rooms, into bed I go and I am fast awake the rest of the night – adrenalin you know

Have a great day and talk to you soon

Larry

No comments: