Monday, March 23, 2009

On the Road Again - Day 2 - The Saga of the Amazing Race Shopper

Good Morning Everyone:

It is Friday, Day 2, at Madjam. I guess we got to bed around 4pm settled in around 5 and slept to around 10. One thing I find with going to these events, the adrenaline starts to flow when you arrive and keeps you going until you are ready to leave. Once the event is over, you crash and burn *L*. It usually takes me a week to recuperate, but it is worth every minute. Friday is usually the first day of an event and it does not get started to around 1 or 2pm, so I had promised Marianne that I would take her shopping in the morning to her 2 favourite U.S. stores, Marshalls and TJ MAX. Now, I have to tell you, this was an event on it's own. The girl loves to shop, shop and shop and when she is tired of shopping she would go shopping again *LOL*. To watch her shop is amazing. In her words shopping is like the Amazing Race. She will never pay full price for an item and scours the sales racks for all the great bargains. She whips through the racks at lightning speed. I am trying to see what she is looking at but my eyes and mind just do not work that fast to take it all in *L*. But I must admit, she does find some real neat stuff at a very bargain price. I think by the end of our first Safari though Marshall's, she bought about 10 items that ended up costing a total of $28. Now that is Amazing (well from a Guy's perspective anyway *LOL*). But the funny thing about all this is; I actually enjoyed the morning a lot *L*. Not sure if it was because it was my first Safari or the company I was with. I am leaning more to the latter but I am sure it was a little of both :-) Be back with more thoughts of a great weekend soon.

Have a wonderful day

Larry

No comments: