Monday, June 11, 2007

Golf - the only sport you finish more frustrated than when started the round

Originally posted 2007-06-11

Well this past weekend was a wonderful weekend. I got to play golf 3 days in a row - what a treat (I did say what at treat - oh boy - I am honestly starting to believe that *LOL*). Just kidding, even though I am not playing well right now I am still having a wonderful time.

3 Years ago I joined a private club not far from where I live. The initiation fee was $25000 and it cost about $5000 year to play so I better love it to death *L*. The real neat thing about a private club is the people that work there treat you like royalty. It is always Mr this Mr that, they are always right there to get your clubs, get you a cart and in the lounge the girls and guys bend over backwards to make sure you are comfortable. I had a real hard time getting used to this and in many ways I still do. I am not used to having people do things like this for me and I am still not sure if I want them to but I know it is there job and they do it so well.

There is a young lady who works in the pro shop by the name of Courtney who I just love to death. This girl never stops smiling and is so friendly and when you come in after a bad round you can’t help but be cheered up a little by her. But I must say Courtney, we need to put a little meat on those bones *L*. Inside there is a young lady named Val who is very much like Courtney. I look forward to stopping for a bit to eat when she is there, just lover her smile.

Anyways back to the golf. On Friday I tried to qualify for the Senior Ryder Cup Team and finished 15th out of 16th – They were only taking the top 8 – Geez – me thinks I didn’t quite make it *L*. On Saturday and Sunday the game wasn’t much better as I shot in the 80’s. Now I say not very good, most people would love to shoot in the 80’s. For those of you who are golfers you will understand this, my handicap has jumped from a 3 to a 13 since the beginning of the year which means for my standards I absolutely suck at golf right now *L*. But I really believe that next weekend will be the breakout where I start playing well again (and I hear I have bought swamp land in Florida too *L*). Well the good part of Saturday and Sunday I get to play gold with my best friend Sandy. She is one of the top woman golfers in Ontario and she kicks my ass on a regular basis. I must say it is a great way to get rid of an ego real fast *L*. Sandy and I play golf together as much as we possibly can – I love the girl to death. My wife says Sandy is my second wife without benefits *L*. Anyways next weekend will be better and if not – the one after that will. *L*

Have a wonderful day

No comments: